Patient-Focused for Maximum Results
Rehabilitation Services at Community Memorial Hospital offers comprehensive inpatient, acute, sub-acute rehabilitation and outpatient Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy care. We are trained and experienced with managing a wide variety of diagnoses including medical, musculoskeletal, orthopedic and neurological conditions including:
- post-operative care (i.e., joint replacements, tendon repairs, arthroscopies)
- sports injuries, including concussion and overuse injuries
- occupational injuries
- degenerative and joint related issues
- a range of neurological disorders
- vestibular dysfunction, including vertigo and balance/gait abnormalities
Occupational Therapy services consist of patient centered approaches that assist with meaningful occupations patients want to perform. Patient treatment goals are creatively designed to maximize each patient’s autonomy, independence and safety and focus on improving performance with day-to-day activities such as dressing/bathing, cognition, sleep hygiene, visual performance, meal preparation and general health and wellness. Therapy may include the following:
- Instruction of adaptive equipment to improve independence and safety with daily life tasks
- Exercises related to activities and function of the upper body and fine motor skills
- Treatment for visual impairments
- Energy conservation measures and compensatory strategies to improve quality of life
- Sleep hygiene to improve cognition and health and wellness
Our treatment philosophy:
- Emphasizes an individualized plan of care with full on-on-one treatments with each patient.
- Focuses on evidence-based practice from our clinicians and utilize current treatment plans with each patient.
- Incorporates our entire staff in tailoring culturally competent programs to maximize each patient’s recovery.
- Includes hands-on therapy for evaluation and treatment.
- Utilizes close communications with other members of the patient’s health care team.
- We treat you like family. We are all members of the same community and we want our rehabilitation department to feel like home.
Education is key to our patients’ high rate of success.
- We take the time to teach patients the nature of their injury and what they can do to help themselves recover and prevent re-injury. We provide each patient with individualized home exercise programs and update them periodically to give them the tools they need to make themselves better.
- We treat the whole person and provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to not only help with your aches and pains, but to help you feel relaxed and comfortable while we work with you to make your condition or injury better.
- Our staff actively engage in continuing education to provide care based on the current evidence available. Most of our clinicians are members of their professional organizations.